It’s Episode 22 of Magic Markets – Banks: Boom or Bust?
Having both come from an investment banking background, the @FinanceGhost and I spend this week’s episode discussing the smorgasbord of bank’s results globally over the last few weeks.
With Goldman Sachs and JPM among the shining stars, we also have Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse impacted by recent scandals. It makes for an interesting discussion and we hope you will enjoy it.
We also apply a much longer term lens to how bank stocks look on a valuation basis, and how we view banks within our own portfolios.
We delve into topics like:
- What’s the difference between investment banking and retail banking?
- How can banks get it wrong?
- How banks have given rise to a whole generation of new industries.
- Viewing investment in banks as a ‘through the cycle’ strategy.
- How SA banks stack up relative to global banks.
Help us keep the Magic Markets podcast great by sending us your feedback and remember to subscribe on your platform of choice as well as giving us a rating!